Do you own a heat pump
? If so, it is pertinent to know the ins and outs of the appliance. There are various heating systems, but many fail in comparison to the heat pump. The unit is designed to ensure energy efficiency on all levels. Unlike some other heating units, the heat pump transfers heat from place to place, instead of producing it.
There are various brands that manufacture heat pumps
. These companies include the following:
- American Standard
- Armstrong Air
Each brand has several models of heat pumps to ensure the perfect match for apartments, houses, duplexes, townhomes, condominiums, flats, and multi-family apartment complexes.
Vital Components That Make Up A Heat Pump
Knowing the key components that are found in a heat pump is a great way to identify problems before and after a complete malfunction. Not only knowing each component but also being able to identify them will put you a step ahead in the repair process. Once you learn how to identify all the components, you can learn their responsibilities. For example, an air compressor, one of the most important heat pump parts, is responsible for compressing freon to increase the ambient temperature indoors.
- Heat strips – Works in the Emergency Heat setting only
- Control panel – Houses the components that allow homeowners to control heat, defrost, and cool settings
- Refrigerant – A gaseous substance like freon that is responsible for reducing indoor temperatures
- Reversing valves – Allows homeowners to alternate from heating to cooling
- Outdoor unit – This is where the compressor, blower motor, condenser coil, and other components are stored outdoors
- Refrigerant lines – These metal pipes are pressurized to carry refrigerant from place to place
- Accumulator – A safety feature for the compressor. The component is activated when liquid slugging is detected
- Condenser coil – Collects outdoor heat and increases the pressure level of the refrigerant
- Flex and metal ducts – Carry cold and warm air from the heat pump to the interior of the home
What Does A Heat Pump Do?
The heat pump
utilizes technology to heat and cool a home. These sophisticated appliances can make your home more comfortable when the outdoor temperatures are unfavorable. There is no doubt, the heat pump has changed the way humans live indoors.
Today, nearly every home in the United States has some type of HVAC system. Thousands are installed with a modern heat pump.
There is no more efficient HVAC system than the heat pump
When To Hire A Heat Pump Specialist?
There are several reasons why you should hire an HVAC company. These trained experts specialize in heat pump
installation, repair, maintenance, and replacement. Once you own a heat pump, you will never go back to the traditional air conditioner or heating unit. Instead of having two separate systems for heating and cooling, the heat pump
offers both capabilities.
You will need to hire an HVAC contractor
who specializes in heat pump
installation. This professional will help you select a brand and model of heat pump
that is guaranteed to meet or exceed your heating and cooling needs.